Muzeum – Kačerov: Temporary suspension of the metro service
Due to track reconstruction, the metro service on line C will be suspended in both directions between the stations Muzeum – Kačerov from Friday, the 17th of November 2017 (from the launch of operation) to Sunday, the 19th of November (to the end of operation).
A replacement bus service:
A replacement bus service line XC is established in daytime operation on the route: Hlavní nádraží – Muzeum – I. P. Pavlova – Vyšehrad – Pražského povstání – Pankrác – Budějovická – Kačerov.
Changes in the buses operation:
For the period of the suspension, the operation of bus lines no. 135 and 196 is enhanced.
Changes to bus stops:
For lines no. 189 and 215, the Kačerov stop (in the direction to Nemocnice Krč) is relocated forward to the stop of line no. 106.
Due to missing barrier-free exit from the Kačerov station, we recommend using the following bus connections:
- Lines no. 135, 136, 170, 213 – from the area of Jižní Město
- Lines no. 118, 170 – from the area of Spořilov
- Line no. 193 – from Nemocnice Krč
In the Hlavní nádraží stop, persons with reduced mobility are enabled to (based on prior agreement with the driver) get off the XC busses in the area at the elevators leading to the hall of the railway station. For subsequent journey in the direction to the terminal station Letňany, C line of the metro can be used again.
- Several kinds of informational leaflets will be issued. The leaflets will be available in the informational showcases of the metro stations as well as at the information clerks of the Prague Public Transit Company nearby the closed stations.
- For the period of the suspension (from cca. 8.00 a.m. to cca. 9.00 p.m., depending on the specific place and day), a sufficient number of information clerks in reflective vests will be deployed at closed metro stations and in their immediate vicinity. They will be ready to advise passengers on the spot regarding the current public transport connection (not only in Czech but also in English). The information clerks will also be equipped with the aforementioned informational leaflets for passengers.
- Starting on Tuesday the 14th of November 2017, the upcoming suspension will be announced also in all metro stations. The announcements will continue during the suspension as well.
- On Thursday, the 16th of November 2017, the notice and information regarding the suspension will be published in Metro journal.
- 90 information boards with a schematic diagram and basic text information in Czech and English language will be arranged to provide the information related to the specific destination.
We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you and we thank you for your understanding.
Source: Public Transport