Nádraží Holešovice – Pražského povstání: short-term interruption of the metro service
Due to track reconstruction, the metro operation on Line C in the Nádraží Holešovice – Pražského povstání section will be suspended in both directions from Friday, the 14th of April 2017 (from the launch of daytime operation) to Monday, the 17th of April 2017 (to the end of daytime operation).
A substitute bus service:
A substitute bus service line XC is established in daytime operation on the route: Nádraží Holešovice – Vltavská – Florenc – Hlavní nádraží – Muzeum – I. P. Pavlova – Vyšehrad – Pražského povstání.
Changes in the trams operation:
- An alternative connection between the metro lines C (Nádraží Holešovice station) and B (Náměstí Republiky station) is offered by tram lines no. 6 and 36.
- The capacity of line no. 6 is enhanced by deployment of two-carriage vehicles.
- New line no. 36 is established (in operation daily from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) on the route Bílá labuť – Náměstí Republiky – Dlouhá třída – Strossmayerovo náměstí – Výstaviště Holešovice – Nádraží Holešovice (from the Nádraží Holešovice stop the line continues as line no. 12 in the direction to Sídliště Barrandov).
- Line no. 12, in the direction from Sídliště Barrandov, continues from the Nádraží Holešovice stop (daily from 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.) as temporarily established line no. 36 via the stops Výstaviště Holešovice, Strossmayerovo náměstí, Dlouhá třída and Náměstí Republiky to the Bílá labuť stop, where it terminates.
- All connections of line no. 17, which regularly terminate at Výstaviště Holešovice, are extended to the Vozovna Kobylisy stop.
Changes in the buses operation:
Vehicles of larger capacity are deployed on lines no. 118, 196 and 213.
Changes to bus stops:
- For line no. 134, the Pražského povstání stop in Děkanská vinice Street (in the direction to Zelený pruh) is relocated by cca. 25 metres towards the intersection with Dačického Street.
- For line no. 135, the Florenc boarding stop in Křižíkova Street is relocated by cca. 30 metres backwards.
- For line no. 201, the Nádraží Holešovice boarding stop is relocated to the boarding stop of line no. 112.
Documents for download:
- Several kinds of informational leaflets will be issued. The leaflets will be available in the informational showcases of the metro stations as well as at the information clerks of the Prague Public Transit Company nearby the closed stations.
- For the period of the interruption (from cca. 8.00 a.m. to cca. 9.00 p.m., depending on the specific place and day), a sufficient number of information clerks in the reflective vests will be deployed at closed metro stations and in their immediate vicinity. They will be ready to advise passengers on the spot on the current public transport connection (not only in Czech but also in English). The information clerks will also be equipped with the aforementioned informational leaflets for passengers.
- Starting on Wednesday the 12th of April 2017, the upcoming interruption will be announced also in all metro stations. The announcements will continue during the interruption as well.
- On Thursday, the 13th of April 2017, the notice and information regarding the interruption will be published in Metro journal.
- Approximately 100 information boards with a schematic diagram and basic text information in Czech and English language will be arranged to provide the information related to the specific destination.
We apologise for any inconvenience that may have been caused to you and we thank you for your understanding.
Source: Public Transport