Národní divadlo – Újezd: Temporary suspension of the tram service
Due to reconstruction of the rail intersection at the National Theatre, the tram service will be suspended in both directions in the Národní divadlo – Újezd section from Monday, the 19th of November 2018 (from cca. 4:30 a.m.) to Monday, the 26th of November 2018 (to cca. 0:30 a.m.).
Route changes of tram lines
- Line no. 2 is routed on the route Sídliště Petřiny – Chotkovy sady – Malostranská (at Edvard Beneš Riverbank) – Právnická fakulta – Malostranská – Sídliště Petřiny.
- Lines no. 9 and 98 are, in the Národní divadlo – Anděl section, diverted via the stops Jiráskovo náměstí and Zborovská.
- All connections of line no. 16 are routed on the route Lehovec – Sídliště Řepy.
- Line no. 17 is, in the Jiráskovo náměstí – Národní divadlo section, diverted via the stops Myslíkova and Národní třída.
- Lines no. 22, 23 and 97 are, in the Národní divadlo – Malostranská section, diverted via the Staroměstská stop.
- Line no. 99 is, in the Národní divadlo – Újezd section, diverted via the stops Staroměstská, Malostranská (in Letenská Street) and Malostranské náměstí.
Established tram lines
- Tram lines no. 32 and 39 are established in daytime operation.
- Line no. 32 on the route Vypich – Malovanka – Pražský hrad – Malostranská – Újezd – Anděl – Kotlářka – Motol – Sídliště Řepy (in the Kotlářka – Sídliště Řepy section operated only in peak times of workdays).
- Line no. 39 on the route Radošovická / Nádraží Strašnice – Koh-i-noor – Vršovické náměstí – Náměstí Míru – I. P. Pavlova – Karlovo náměstí – Lazarská – Václavské náměstí – Hlavní nádraží – Olšanská – Biskupcova – Ohrada – Spojovací.
Changes to tram stops
The following stops are established: Malostranská at Edvard Beneš Riverbank (in the direction to Čechův most) and Malostranská for night lines in Letenská Street near its intersection with Klárov Street (in both directions).
No replacement bus service is established.
In connection with the stated restrictions, the Prague Public Transit Company has prepared these information measures for passengers:
- Informational leaflets of several types with information in Czech and English are issued. The leaflets will be available in trams and buses as well as in information showcases in the metro stations, one day before the measure and during the measure.
- From Sunday, the 18th of November 2018, a notice in all metro stations is prepared for passengers in a form of an announcement in Czech and English by the station radio.
- 10 information boards with a schematic diagram and basic information are arranged in the affected area.
- On first two days of the suspension, information clerks in reflective vests are available to passengers as well. The clerks can advise on public transport connection in Czech and English language.
We apologise to you for potential complications during your regular journeys in the city and we believe that you will accept the temporary transport measures with understanding.
Source: Public Transport